Winner of the Idaho Prize 2012 Announced!
WINNER of 2012 Idaho Prize for Poetry
Whelm by dawn lonsinger
Nance Van Winckel, final judge for the 2012 Idaho Prize for Poetry, has declared dawn lonsinger’s Whelm this year’s Idaho Prize winner. Ms. lonsinger will receive $1000 prize money plus publication by Lost Horse Press. Whelm will be released in Spring 2013.
“I so admire the tension between the macro and micro worlds here. Whitmanesque inventories collide with intimate interiorities. dawn lonsinger turns a tough eye and a tender heart toward the experience of living fully in the rush of the NOW and the flickering echoes of history. These are lushly rendered poems to savor and/or to devour.”
—Nance Van Winckel, author of Pacific Walker (University of Washington Press, 2013)
2012 Short List
- Sarah Sousa Church of Needles
- Lauren Bower Smith Birdello
- Lawrence Wray The Night People Imagine
- Joanne Lehman At Fountain Nook
- Julie Marie Wade Six
- Anita Feng Buddha Doing the Breast Stroke
- Stanley Radhuber The Eiger and Other Walls
- Randolph Thomas The Course of the Telling
- Angela Narciso Torres Sampaguita
- Alan Soldofsky In the Buddha Factory
- Stan Rubin There, Here
- Al Nyhart The Man Himself
Lost Horse Press thanks the winner, finalists, all poets who entered the Idaho Prize for Poetry,
the first readers & Nance Van Winckel, final judge for the Idaho Prize 2012!